Dark, light, and the dim twilight

dark, light, and the dim twilight

Friday, September 9, 2011

Into Dark

Every night has been long for me these few, err, weeks? It gets rather annoying when you try to get to bed earlier than usual and find that all you just did was lie down for 3 hours. Worse, uni might be starting soon and because of this I keep waking really late near the afternoon. Not exactly when classes tend to start.

Right now it's about 4AM in the morning, Mazzy Star's "Into Dust" is playing on loop (love it for its serene/surreal kinda sound), and I'm here blogging after a long hiatus. Just temporarily gave up on the idea of putting my life to paper...in this case, the internet. It gets rather impersonal then doesn't it? And I like my stuff personal, what more than my life's story. Then again, I don't exactly keep a diary. (hmm...now how the hell do I "privatize" my blog)

I kind of enjoy the night time peace. It's black with hints of dim light spilling in from the 2 windows in my room, even more so dimmed by the overhanging curtains till it's got that awesome shade of light outlining it's sides. I find trivial images/scenes like that quite nice. Then there are the sounds, crickets that utterly just get shunned to background noise (meh...typical) and the absence of those irritating car/bike engines passing by every once in a while is a welcomed feature of the night. Playing "Into Dust" just adds to the whole vibe thing. I like quiet, peaceful nights.

Which is also why I can't ever stop thinking about stuff, random stuff every night and that keeps me from drifting off into Neverland.

On a side note, I finally got a reply from the Nottingham University Malaysia's admin board. Saying my application is "now being actively processed" and that they will (hopefully) get back to me within 10 days. So that's September 9 + 10 = 19th September and I was told that enrollment starts on the 20th of Sept. That took long enough (I sent my application in almost 2 weeks ago), and provided everything goes to plan I will have at least a week before classes start. Let's hope it does.

Wait, accommodation.

p.s. so much to write, so little idea what i should.

No comments:

Post a Comment